Before posting the pictures, I'm including a bit of the Silvey family history to put them into perspective. If anyone is interested in more detail regarding the family history, let me know and I'll be glad to share it with you directly or post bits and pieces here. (I have some great obituaries.) As a place to start...
Generation 1
Rev. Thomas Silvey was born on 17 Aug 1774 at Prince Wm. Co., Virginia. He married Anna ??-Petty-?? in 1793 at Prince William County, Virginia. He died on 31 Jul 1835 at Fayette Co., Indiana, at age 60. He was buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery, Fayette Co., Indiana.
Anna ??-Petty-?? was born in Aug 1774 at Virginia. She died on 31 Dec 1856 at prob. Fayette Co., Indiana, at age 82.
Rev. Thomas Silvey and Anna ??-Petty-?? had 10 children, including Travis Petty Silvey, their oldest son.
Generation 2
Travis Petty Silvey was born on 21 Oct 1796 at Prince William Co., Virginia. He married Elizabeth Power, daughter of William Power and Margaret Hendricks, on 9 May 1822 at Fayette, Co., Indiana. He died on 24 Apr 1879 at Marion Co., Indiana, at age 82. He was buried at Spring Valley Cemetery, Lawrence, Marion Co., Indiana.
Elizabeth Power was born on 21 Nov 1805 at Pendleton Co., Kentucky. She died on 1 Apr 1899 at Indiana at age 93. She was buried at Spring Valley Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Marion Co., Indiana.
Travis Petty Silvey and Elizabeth Power had 10 children, including Presley Piner Silvey.
Generation 3
Presley Piner Silvey was born on 29 Sep 1836 at Lawrence Twp., Marion Co., Indiana. He married Susanah Veach, daughter of Andrew I. "Ai" Veatch and Elizabeth W. Wright, on 9 Oct 1856 at Indianapolis. He married Nancy Wheeler on 12 Nov 1896 at Marion Co., Indiana. He married Nancy Cropper on 11 Mar 1903 at Marion Co., Indiana. He died on 12 Jun 1907 at Lawrence Twp., Marion Co., Indiana, at age 70. He was buried at Oaklandon I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Susanah Veach was born in 1837 at Hamilton Co., Indiana. She died in 1895 at Indiana. She was buried at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Presley Piner Silvey and Susanah Veach had 7 children, including Ira William Silvey:
Generation 4
Ira William Silvey was born on 4 Jan 1863 at Marion Co., Indiana. He married Sarah Gascho, daughter of John Gascho Jr. and Margaret Klepfer, on 15 Sep 1886 at Hamilton Co., Indiana. He died on 22 Oct 1948 at 11:45 am, at Buck Creek Twp., Hancock Co., Indiana, at age 85. He was buried at Oaklandon I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Sarah Gascho was born on 26 Nov 1866 at Hamilton Co., Indiana. She died on 25 Mar 1948 at at 9:45 pm at, Hancock Co., Indiana, at age 81. She was buried at I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Ira William Silvey and Sarah Gascho had 10 children, as follows:
i. Maggie Ann Silvey was born on 22 May 1887 at near Noblesville, Hamilton Co., Indiana. She married Joseph Willard Apple, son of Joseph Willard and Barbara E. Apple, on 24 Dec 1908 at Marion Co., Indiana.
ii. John Ingram Silvey was born on 28 Jul 1888 at near Noblesville, Hamilton Co., Indiana. He married Letta Leveril "Lettie" Cinders, daughter of George Cinders and Sarah Bolander, on 16 Feb 1913 at Indiana.
iii. Elbert Melvin Silvey was born on 10 Apr 1890 at Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. He married Emma Permelia Bell, daughter of Alexander Bell and Mary Catherine Carr, on 14 Jan 1912 at Hancock Co., Indiana.
iv. Inez May Silvey was born on 29 Jun 1892 at Indiana. She died on 14 Feb 1975 at Indiana at age 82. She was buried at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. She never married.
v. Edna Ruby Silvey was born on 27 May 1894 at Indiana. She married William Elias Clifford on 18 Dec 1923.
vi. Clarence Jesse Silvey was born on 8 Aug 1896 at Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. He married Mary Eva Socks on 23 Feb 1916 at Hamilton Co., Indiana.
vii. Edith Ethel Silvey was born on 7 Feb 1899 at Indiana. She married Clyde Augustus Williams on 6 Jan 1923.
viii. Arthur Ira Silvey was born on 26 Jul 1903 at Indiana. He died on 29 Mar 1907 at Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana, at age 3. He was buried at Oaklandon I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
ix. Walter Presley Silvey was born on 9 Jun 1905 at Indiana. He married Velma Louise Woempner, daughter of Emil C. Woempner, on 17 Sep 1938 at Marion Co., Indiana.
x. Ernest George "Jack" Silvey was born on 4 Nov 1907 at Indiana. He married Bonnita "Bonnie" May Rushton on 28 Nov 1929 at Marion Co., Indiana.
Generation 5
Maggie Ann Silvey was born on 22 May 1887 at near Noblesville, Hamilton Co., Indiana. She married Joseph Willard Apple, son of Joseph Willard and Barbara E. Apple, on 24 Dec 1908 at Marion Co., Indiana. She died on 15 Apr 1982 at Lawrence Twp., Indianapolis, Marion Co., Indiana, at age 94. She was buried at Oaklandon I.O.O.F Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Joseph Willard Apple was born on 22 Oct 1886 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. He died on 9 Nov 1951 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana, at age 65. He was buried at Oaklandon I.O.O.F. Cemetery, Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
Maggie Ann Silvey and Joseph Willard Apple had 6 children, as follows:
i. Ira Cecil Apple was born on 27 Oct 1909 at near Oaklandon, Hancock Co., Indiana. He married Lillie Mae Wisehart, daughter of Ezra L. Wisehart and Beulah Mae Bentley, on 21 Aug 1930 at 1611 S. Penn St., Muncie, Delaware Co., Indiana.
ii. Elbert Vaughn "Mutt" Apple was born on 31 May 1911 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. He married Mildred Alice Owens on 7 Sep at Indiana.
iii. Lois Katherine Apple was born on 17 Mar 1914 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. She married Kenneth H. Mandel.
iv. Josephine LaVon Apple was born in 1918 at Marion Co., Indiana. She married Glenn Gibson on 15 Jul 1944 at Marion Co., Indiana. She married Harold K. Scudder on 12 Nov 1949 at Marion Co., Indiana. She married Bill Hittle.
v. Gilbert Joseph "Pickles" Apple was born in 1920 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana. He married Irene Wisehart, daughter of Ezra L. Wisehart and Beulah Mae Bentley, on 12 Apr 1941 at Lawrence Twp., Oaklandon, Marion Co., Indiana.
vi. Sarah Pauline Apple was born in 1923 at Marion Co., Indiana. She married William M. Stott on 15 Nov 1941 at Marion Co., Indiana.
And now for the photos (sorry for making you wait).....
The Presley Piner Silvey Family - from left to right: Elizabeth (Power) Silvey, Presley Piner and Susanah (Veach) Silvey and their children Thomas A., Travis A., Adella E. "Della", Ira W., Maggie A., John F. and George H.

Ira W. and Sarah (Gascho) Silvey
+Silvey.jpg)
Another photo of Ira W. and Sarah (Gascho) Silvey
Grandma Maggie Ann (Silvey) Apple's Baby picture+Apple+-+Baby.jpg)
Aunt Inez Silvey

Uncle Ernest George "Jack" and Bonnita "Bonnie" Mae (Rushton) Silvey
Ira Cecil and Elbert Vaughn "Mutt" Apple
Ira Cecil Apple high school graduation photo

Elbert "Mutt" Apple ready for work

Lois Katherine Apple high school graduation picture

Gilbert Joseph Apple school picture

Hope you enjoyed the additional photos. I have older photos of the Wisehart/Bentley family as well, but that's for another day.
Lori
2 comments:
Lori, I have read through this wonderful "family tree" material you have posted and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. As I read it, I was reminded of the very first funeral I ever attended. Now, since you have retained these records, I can see that I was only a 5 year old boy when I attended my first funeral in March of 1948. I recall going into the McCord Funeral Home and someone lifting me up so that I could see the body of grandma Silvey in the casket. I recall seeing a veil over the open casket so that it appeared you were looking at the body through a sheer curtain. I also remember picking up great grandfather Ira for church during those months following grandma's death. Looking at these records, I can see that he lived just a few months after she died....and, he died on Oct. 22, just 3 days after my 6th birthday. So Lori, thanks again for sharing these pictures and material with us. By the way, when I saw my dad's picture, I could see a very strong resemblence between dad and Scott's boy, Evan. I am quite sure the others in our family will enjoy this too. Again, thanks for sharing all of this with us. Awesome!
Hi everyone- thanks for letting me see the apple family page! I loved reading it! Love, gina
Post a Comment