Friday, November 30, 2007

We'll see you Christmas

Hey...thanks, Dennis, for setting this up.
We are doing fine at the Apple house in Noblesville. We stayed home this year for Thanksgiving, and had a great time. We invited a family from our church to have dinner with us that day, and it was a a really great time for us. We missed seeing family, but we have needed to be home together and not be rushing around so much.

We plan to join family on the 29th of December in Fortville.

The day after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree and got out all our deocrations. This was the FIRST year since being married that I didn't have to bring in one thing from the garage. Evan is a strapping 7-year old, and he and Julianne drug all the Rubbermaid tubs full of Christmas stuff in from the garage. It was kind of nice, really. We had a great day together, getting all our stuff out and setting it up.

Julianne turned 6 on November 25. We have had a nice time celebrating her birthday.

Our church gave her some money for her birthday. She had been saving up money to buy this horse statue she's had her eye on. It's a large horse statue, and with the money from the church, she finally had enough to go buy it. Terry took her and the other two to go get it. When they got to the store, the one she wanted wasn't there. There was another like it, but a slightly different color. Terry kept telling her that if she didn't want that particular one, that they could look for it somewhere else. Terry told her to be sure that she really wanted to buy the one in the store.

Julianne said she wanted it. Terry continued to question her about being sure on this purchase. Julianne kept telling her it was okay and that she wanted it.

When they got out into the van, Terry asked her one more time, "Julianne, are you having second thoughts about getting this horse?" Juli reponded, "Yes, Momma."

Terry was nearly exaspertaed, she said, "What? Juli, you're having second thoughts?"

Juli smiled and said, "Yes, Momma, I'm having second thoughts...I'm thinking I want another one."

Gives new meaning to "second thoughts."

Okay...I hope you all are well. I'll write again soon. I love you all.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Scott, this is a great story and one I will remember. "Second Thoughts" takes on a whole new meaning for me now! Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Jia said...

Scott, I just love your kids. You should consider bringing them out here. Emily would really love helping to take care of the horses... and Evan could do laps around the 60 acres!

joe g. said...

funny....but great minds often think differently than the rest of us (me!). joe g.