Monday, December 3, 2007

Dave's Famous Fudge

Just in time for Christmas. A couple of years ago I talked our brother David into sharing his famous fudge recipe with me. He gave this to me over the phone and so I wrote it down just as he told it to me. So, here you go.....and, I have to say that I have already field tested this recipe and this is the real deal! This stuff is really rich ...so, watch out!

Ingredients:

3 C. of sugar
1 stick of butter (real)
2/3 C. of Evaporated Milk
½ C smooth Peanut Butter
1 Bag Peanut butter chips (12 oz bag)
1 Jar (small) jar (7 or 7 ½ oz) of Marshmallow Fluff
2 tsp. Vanilla

Directions:
On Low heat melt butter…then add milk….then sugar…and mix together….
Turn up heat to medium or medium-high…until it comes to a low-boil…slowly (turn heat down when it comes to a boil)…….stirring occasionally. Let it cook maybe 5 minutes or a little more……..this is the tricky part…….but, when it comes to a thick bubble……add the rest of the ingredients.
Remove from the burner and stir until melted. Dave recommends beating it quite a bit more…(almost til a blister forms on your fingers).
Note, if you have cooked it too long..you can add a little milk to it and thin it back down a bit……Dave said he usually does this by adding in a Table spoon of milk and works it on down to the consistency he likes.
Butter a pan and pour it all in……..and let it cool before cutting.

Fudge recipe is about the same except there is no half cup of peanut butter…..nor peanut chips……..and he adds a bit of salt…….and subs the chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips. He uses 2 teaspoons of vanilla in this for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dennis. I can taste it now.

annacarter said...

Yeah, I asked Anna about getting the recipe for this when we were coming home from Thanksgiving. Is there anyway I can get approval for access to this blog? I am having to use Anna's ID to log in. When I try to go to the page using mine, it says I have to be invited first. No big deal, but it can be a pain to log out and log back in with a different ID every time. Thanks again for the recipe!

Brent

joe g. said...

I gained two pounds just reading the recipe!